- Essay–Great Transition: The Promise and Lure of the Times Ahead
- Pathbreaking study of civilization at the crossroads, from historic roots to alternative scenarios
- Slide Show
- Overview of Great Transition ideas
- Video–Global Futures
- Lecture by GTI Director Paul Raskin at Harvard University
- Paper Series–Frontiers of a Great Transition
- Institutional, cultural and environmental dimensions of a GT shift
- GTI Perspectives
- Viewpoints on critical issues
- Futures in Motion
- Explore alternative scenarios by the numbers
- The Century Ahead: Searching for Sustainability
- Simulations of four contrasting futures
Visions and Pathways for a Hopeful Future
A Great Transition to a future of enriched lives, human solidarity, and environmental sustainability is possible.
The Great Transition Initiative is a growing international network of scholars and activists that analyzes alternative scenarios and charts a path to a hopeful future.
At once rigorous and inspiring, the Great Transition story brings the message that we can create a better world if we shift our values and transform our institutions.
Critical to this transition is growing public awareness of the dangers ahead and the need to revise our ways of living – and living together – on this planet. In this, our time of choice, we need a vast movement of global citizens to carry forward a Great Transition.
- A long view...
- history has entered the planetary phase of civilization
- A global community...
- humanity and Earth are bound in a common destiny
- A fear...
- looming crises portend a time of troubles
- A choice...
- we can shape the future by imagining what it could be
- A vision...
- a great transition to a sustainable and just society is possible
- A conviction...
- a new global consciousness is ready to crystallize
Privacy by SafeSubscribe ™
For Email Newsletters you can trust